Michele's Blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Vertigo. I just can't get a break.

I'm so desperate to feel normal, I'll try anything once.

This doc on this website seemed to have quite a bit of advice on dealing with allergies... I, still hoping that my vertigo is due to some allergic reaction and NOT multiple sclerosis (please oh please oh please), thought that I'd give his recommendation a try:

Instant ‘Allergic Ear’ Relief!

Eustachian tube block can often be dramatically relieved with nasal sprays containing a strong decongestant, such as Neo-Synephrine (0.5 percent). Tilt the head back and to one side, turn the spray bottle upside-down and get enough of the spray into the nasal passage so that you can actually taste some of it in the back of your throat. Then turn your head the other way and repeat, using the other nostril. This technique is often dramatically effective at ending allergic ear problems, because it passes the decongestant directly over the entrance to the Eustachian area located in the nasopharynx. During plane flights, this should be done one-half hour before a scheduled descent. For children, it should be done at the first sign of pain or discomfort, repeated in 4 hours and then repeated again if symptoms reappear. This will often abort painful episodes of otitis media. Drinking more fluids on a regular basis will greatly reduce the unnecessary use of antibiotics.


Seems like it makes sense, right? Well... I did it and got one of the most intense headaches of all time. Ohhhh. It really hurt. For about three hours I wanted to be unconscious. I cancelled my appointments... called my friend to see if she could pick Bayley up from school...

Todd had a short day, so he was able to pick Bayley up from school and take her to tennis. Right now Todd & Eric are playing the airplane video game together. They like things that fly.

I'm so tired today. What is wrong with me? I feel like I've run a marathon, and I've hardly moved.

I woke up at 3:30am and couldn't get back to sleep. I think I need to change the schedule of my Rebif injections.

If I could, you know I would
If I could, I would
Let it go...
--U2, "Bad"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home