Michele's Blog

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Injection sites look like welts now.

The 8-mcg Rebif doses didn't seem to cause any injection-site reactions, but I've noticed that the 22-mcg sites are leaving red/bruised welts the size of quarters. Not very attractive.

Eric went to daycare today for the first time. He enjoyed it. Such a relief.

Boy, they have to be so careful with Eric's skin though-- they have agreed not to use any soap to wash his hands. He's having a pretty bad flare of his eczema right now; his left thumb and wrist are nearly bleeding. Plus, an area on the back of his thighs is just out of control. This is odd because up until about 10 days ago his skin had been looking great! I suspect one of my new nanny helpers is using regular soap on his laundry or not rinsing it properly. His clothes, blankets, towels and bedclothes all have to be washed with the hottest possible water, with Dreft, and then double-rinsed. NO fabric softener, either. I think someone has been cutting corners and not double-rinsing... It's time for a review of Eric's Laundry Procedures with my staff. : )

So, what did I do with my free time when Eric was in daycare and Bayley was at school? I cleaned Bayley's room. I worked that room for 6 hours straight, no lunch, and still didn't finish the job. I probably took out 5 bags of trash. She's a hoarder.

I thought she'd come home and get mad at me the way she usually does when I clean her room... I haven't cleaned it for over a year for that very reason. But she looked around and said, "Thanks, Mommie!" and gave me a hug. Lovely!

Tomorrow my sister-in-law and her daughter arrive for a visit. D has been married to my brother Jason for nearly 4 years... amazing that someone would be married to one of my brothers for that long! heh, kidding there...maybe. ; ) Jason & D have a little girl, E, and she just turned 1. I'm really looking forward to their visit; I haven't actually ever seen little E in person! And she's my very own niece! I'm excited. They're staying for 10 days. I hope they don't go nuts from boredom.

What else is going on: I double my Rebif dose in 39 hours.

I. am. nervous. This is going to be rough, folks, this is the worst part, hang on. I wish I didn't have to do this, I wish I didn't have to do this, I wish I didn't have to do this, but I have to, and I have to pay $1,495 every FOUR WEEKS for it.

Frodo: I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
-----Lord of the Rings - Fellowship of the Ring


Tolkien helps me through some tough days.

My vertigo is still pretty bad. But as of yesterday, I've gotten much of the sensation back in my left hand. : ) *That's* exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home