Michele's Blog

Saturday, December 24, 2005

22 mcgs = Ouch, ouch, ouch.

Todd gave the shot to me yesterday morning around 8:25. For the first coupla hours I felt fine. No side effects! I was feeling pretty groovy.

Around noon I started to feel it... aches... headache... general total misery. By 1:30 pm I was longing for oblivion. So I stopped being brave, cried "Uncle," and admitted to myself and Todd that Rebif was in fact kicking me to the curb. He made me take some Tylenol and Celebrex. The drugs took a few hours for to work, but by about 6 pm I felt okay.

Yesterday we spent the afternoon & evening at our friends' house. They fixed a great holiday dinner--we brought a salad and the mashed potatoes--and Bayley & Eric had fun playing with their kids, K & M. They have lots of train toys, which Eric is really into. We stayed until Eric started "melting down" around 7:30.

Mostly I just sat in a chair & watched the Eric & M play... I felt kinda useless because I was pooped. My left hand is numb, chopping and mincing seem beyond me at this point, so I didn't participate much in the food prep--not that I ever really did, ever in my life, even before MS got me. I like holiday gatherings because I simply like being around people. I like it when they talk to each other, and I can just listen. I'm not much of a contributor in most social situations these days--I don't like to talk. I have less charisma than a potted plant. I just want to be there, in my corner, with my book.

Anyway, I'm rambling now! I can't believe it's Christmas Eve. I think a South Park Christmas Marathon starts tonight...kewell... I have to have another shot tomorrow morning, but I'll take the Tylenol beforehand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home