Michele's Blog

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Todd's band played last night...

...at a Christmas party for one of the hospitals. All of the members of this garage-rock band are also doctors. They play covers of oldies like "Jumpin' Jack Flash" & "Mustang Sally" as well as newer hits like "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" and "Short Skirt Long Jacket".

'Twas a fun party. I stayed mostly in a back room that had big windows where I could see & hear everything that was going on. I was with three friends... we had a good time checking people out and being the fashion police. I wasn't too tired, but my balance is still a joke. My one attempt at dancing didn't go over very well. : / Still. I was glad I to be there. The party was my first "appearance" at a large social event since my diagnosis. I think I did okay; I fielded a few condolences. People are very kind.

The only awkward moment I had was towards the end of the party. The sound engineer for Todd's band asked me what it was I'd been diagnosed with--he didn't understand what multiple sclerosis meant, who does really?--and before I could explain it to him a woman next to him poked him repeatedly and said, "Remember? Remember? She's the one I was telling you about!" ....which weirded me out a little bit because a) I'd never seen her before and b) just what had she been telling him?.... Hmmm. Oh well.

We spent most of this morning hanging out at our friend's house. Eric played with their son, Bayley played with their daughter, K. Todd will be taking the Bayley & K to see the Narnia movie later today. They might be there already, actually. I've heard good things about that movie, so I hope they have a good time.

I gave myself another Rebif shot this morning. I'm a little bit sore, but other than that no side effects.

Vertigo still mind-blowing: 8 out of 10. Fatigue level not as bad: 5 out of 10. Left hand definitely more weak & numb: 5 out of 10.

Someone, someone, someone please find a cure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home