Michele's Blog

Monday, December 12, 2005

She was great!

Bayley sang her part perfectly, according to Todd and my friends who attended the Christmas program. How cool is that! I should be able to see her performance on DVD soon because someone recorded it.

I went to the neuropsyche test today. I think I did well on some parts, not on others...but we'll see. I have to go back next week for four more glorious, fun-filled hours of testing.

Before the computer tests began, I talked with the psychotherapist for over an hour. I told him that I was in his office because I had been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, and I wanted to be proactive about my mental health--I wanted the tests to be run as sort of a baseline, so that if my mental functions deteriorate significantly we'll be able to quantify the changes. I told him that most of my worrying & anxiety were related to my diagnosis. But...I felt like he wasted time searching for some OTHER cause for my anxiety & concerns.

Having MS isn't enough? Let HIM get this, let his T-cells start to eat his brain and let's see how HE feels. I think my despair at this point is a reasonable response. I have an incurable disease. Current therapies are only marginally effective, and they have miserable side effects... I woke up with a whopper of a headache again; do I have Rebif to thank for it? Researchers don't know what causes MS. They aren't close to a cure. And it's genetic--I may have passed this wretched brain-erasing disease to two of the people I care most about: my kids. So yeah, I'm a little bummed out.

My vertigo was the worst it has ever been today. I am to the point of nausea. I blame the flu and the fever.

Eric was in a great mood today. He discovered the joy of Rice Krispies Cereal with milk. He's also very into King Kong--I gave him some little plastic animals, and he was thrilled because one of them was a gorilla.

Todd had the day off, so he was able to get some Christmas shopping done. He'll have a busy day tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home