Michele's Blog

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Not a bad day.

My husband feels much better today; he actually went to work. Crazy that. He's still taking ibuprofen, but it looks like it was a mild kind of flu after all. *sigh of relief*

I took Eric to Jitterbugz this morning; we met some friends there. (Jitterbugz is an indoor playground geared towards the toddler set.) Eric found a bird suit in the costume pile and put it on. He loved having wings! He flew around for over an hour. Gosh, he's so cute. He turned 3 on Saturday. He's big, tall, but so gentle with the littler kids.

I went to my daughter's school this afternoon for an awards assembly. They presented her with The Reading Award for the Fifth Grade. I was a very proud parent. Bayley loves to read. Her teacher tells me that she needs to focus more on non-fiction now, so I am trying to find books that she'll be interested in--I got her a book about cockatiels.

My vertigo is still a huge problem for me. Walking from my car to the gym where the assembly was held was a challenge, even though it was only about 200 yards. The sidewalk was uneven, it was partially covered by wet & slippery leaves, and sometimes when people passed by me they bumped me just a little bit. I had to focus, focus, focus not to fall over. It's like I'm playing that game where I'm trying to walk across a river on a revolving log... I really hate feeling this way but I know things could be worse.

In fact, some of my symptoms do seem better today. The numbness and tingling in my left hand is subsiding. My right leg feels better, too--like it's more "there" than it was just a week ago. Last week when my physical therapist first evaluated me my right leg was definitely weaker and slower than my left. I wonder if it still is?

Tomorrow night will be my first injection of Rebif. I know I keep putting it off, but I really think I'll do it tomorrow night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home