Michele's Blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Gave myself the Rebif shot today. : )

I did it! What a relief. I can do it. I can give myself an injection. Whew. I just couldn't give myself that first injection on Thursday, I had to have Todd do it, but today I went ahead and did it myself. So I feel like I've conquered something. Give me a gold star.

Isn't it weird? I'm an RN. I've given other people shots, no problem. But when I had to give myself a shot last week, I just froze up. Hey all you diabetics out there, I have new respect for you. Y'all give yourselves injections several times a day. Amazing. May they find cures for all of us soon.

Today I went to physical therapy, only to have the therapist tell me to go home. I was too dizzy already to do any of the exercises. I feel like I let her down.

Eric went to preschool today. The teacher's assistant says he's participating more with the group now. He's the youngest one in the class--the next oldest pupil is at least four months older than he is--so he doesn't quite have the focus or the attention span that the other students have. But he loves school. And I hear him singing the songs that he learns there. Hearing him sing is about the cutest thing, ever. He has so much energy.

Bayley still hasn't gotten the flu that took the rest of us down last week. Amazing. That girl is carved out of a rock.

Speaking of rocks, I don't know what I'd do without my friends. They take Bayley to school, they bring her home, they take her to piano lessons, they bring her home... they bring me food... they call me to make sure I'm alive and they give me uplifting jewelry and funny books. I have been so amazed at the level of support I've gotten since all this started. I have to put in a big thank-you here. Thanks guys. I hope some day I can do the same for you.

I spent about three hours going through bills... we have quite a few medical bills, as you can imagine. : ) But I think I've gotten them under control.

Todd took us out for dinner tonight. Eric had to go in his dragon costume. Picture him sitting in the booth at the Mexican restaurant, occasionally saying "Rawr!" to people who pass by. Yup, that's my boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home