Michele's Blog

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Rainy Wednesday.

Incredible how much water we've been getting here. I guess there's even talk of possible flooding. Yeesh.

On Monday I met another person with Multiple Sclerosis. She's the younger sister of my friend J, and she was visiting J from Seattle. K was diagnosed about 2 1/2 years ago when she was 32. She was lovely. She was wonderful in every way. We talked for an hour. I felt more hopeful after meeting her than I've felt for a long time... she also told me that she spent the first year after her diagnosis crying and afraid. I guess I'm normal in that way.

I don't cry every day anymore, but sometimes it just gets me. So I do what Teri Garr does: I look at the clock, and I tell myself that I can wallow in self-pity for 25 minutes (NEVER in front of my kids, by the way!). After that, times up, no more. It works. I get to have my cake and eat it too.

I had another Rebif shot yesterday. I gave it to myself. I felt fine until I was in the grocery store at 4:30, and then I was ready to fall over from exhaustion. The fatigue comes over me like a black cloud. I can't go forward, I can't go back. Sometimes I struggle to remember what it is I'm doing.

I went home. Todd came home about an hour later. I took a nap. By the time our friends came over at 8:00 pm for cookies and a movie (Wallace & Gromit's "A Close Shave"), I felt much better.

Today I can't say I feel great. Monday I felt great, though.

I took Eric to Great Clips for his first real haircut this afternoon! He looks adorable.

Bayley is doing Tennis Camp this week. And she loves her new video game. I try to balance out her sitting-in-front-of-The-Box time with physical activity.

How do you know if you're a good mother? When do they tell you? What if I do everything and everything I do is still wrong?

When is my cure coming? If not now, if not for me, can in be here in time for my kids?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home