Michele's Blog

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sick Day for Eric/ Does Aluminum Cause MS?

By lunch I noticed he hadn't had a thing to drink and only a small yogurt to eat. And he wasn't racing around the house at lightspeed in his usual way. I knew something was up, but getting Eric to talk is difficult.

"Eric, do you have an owwie?" He shook his head.

He shook his head, but he wanted me to hold him and read his favorite dinosaur book... So I held him all afternoon and read that book over and over and over and over. Finally by 4:00 pm I could start to feel a fever... not much, just a viral-esque fever. I tried to get him to drink. He cried when he swallowed. Then he said, "Kiss it, Mommy, kiss it! Owwie," and he opened his mouth. Truly a cute and pathetic scene. "Is the owwie in your mouth?" I asked. He nodded. Yes, I tried to kiss the owwie. ; /

So... he must have a sore throat. If he wakes up febrile in the morning I'll take him in.
_______________

Interesting news about multiple sclerosis and aluminum from the UK:

People with the relapsing-remitting form of the disease were found to have very high levels of aluminium - up to 40 times those seen in the group who did not have MS.

Do they make still make soda cans with aluminum? I stopped drinking all soda drinks about 2 months ago. I wonder what other sources of aluminum are in my diet that I'm not aware of? Makes ya think. And--thinking more here--does this mean that I should consume more aluminum & iron to make up for what I'm losing, or should I avoid both because I have a metabolic intolerance for them? Eh! Who knows. Wake me up when they've figured it out... ; )

A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book. ~Irish Proverb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home