Michele's Blog

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Massages are a very, very good thing. : )

For Valentine's Day Todd booked an appointment for me with a fantastic, um, massage guy. (I'm sorry, but calling him a masseur is something I cannot pull off. Maybe if I lived in Manhattan and had a doorman and a thing for tiny dogs with special hair needs I could do it, but until that time, no.)

Okay, aaaaanyway, the massage was great. Ahhhh.

Bayley is at a birthday party... not sure where Todd and Eric are right now. I might go catch a nap.

We saw "Match Point" last night, the new Woody Allen movie, very interesting. I read Dostoevsky's "Crime & Punishment" in June--I had no idea that Allen had used it with this movie--but once I figured it out I was delighted. I won't spoil it for you in case you haven't seen it. But... it would help if you read the Dostoevsky first. Hey, why NOT read a 700-page novel for the sake of a Woody Allen movie? It's just a little film prep. Not a problem! ; ) Scarlet Johannsen was delicious, and you won't anticipate the plot twists, even if you have read the book.

Sunny day. Tomorrow, who knows. I'm dizzy... but I'm Xanax'ed, so I'm not distressed about it. : ) Maybe that's the real reason doctors prescribe benzodiazepines... maybe the whole thing about Xanax and Klonopin "helping my vertigo" is a sham. "Yeah, what you have, that's just awful. No way around it. Can't cure it, can't give you a great prognosis, you're in deep doo-doo. But what I CAN do is give you 500 pills that will make it much easier for you to distance yourself from the reality of your situation. Enjoy."

Better living through chemistry.

And is that so bad? It feels merciful to me now.

Here's my favorite pic of my son from April of 2005. Yes, he looks like me. It is my fondest hope that although he resembles me on the outside, on the inside he is like his father:

Making the decision to have a child-it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. --Elizabeth Stone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home