Michele's Blog

Friday, February 24, 2006

Had a great day yesterday.

The morning started off a little rough because I didn't take my Adderall. I had an appointment with my neuro and I wanted him to see me "Adderall-free". Maaaaan... I looked bad. The appointment went very well in general. Todd was there, and my neurologist gave me plenty of time to vent my concerns. He told me that taking Adderall is not something I should feel ashamed of. But I do. I am planning on getting away from it somehow. I am plotting my escape. Bwaaahaa haa haa!

Anyway, here's the point of my post today: there were 10-minute stretches of time yesterday when I DID NOT FEEL DIZZY. Alert Matt Drudge. Call the President. Hallelujah. Wow. I was me again, the "me" I remember from last year. I was on solid ground, speaking quickly, vicious confidence back.

I took Eric on a field trip with his preschool class this morning. We were supposed to go to a museum, but it was too crowded so the teacher decided to take the kids to a park instead. Eric ran in the sun with a herd of other three year-olds for two hours. On the surface it was a chaotic scene, but on a deeper level it was very peaceful: this is the way kids are supposed to be.

I had the spins the whole time (I retched towards the end of the last hour), but I stuck it out and we made it home alive. And even though today I'm back on the vertigo un-merry-go-round, I'm hopeful. I might really be on the mend. Maybe the allergy shots & Benadryl are working? Maybe the Rebif is helping? Maybe something rhymes with orange? I don't know. Stay tuned.

Speaking of Rebif, I'll have some blood drawn Monday. My neuro has to make sure the Rebif isn't damaging my liver or thyroid; it's the standard check-up for every person on this drug. I might also have a low WBC so that'll be checked too. Ahhhh... Isn't it precious, boys and girls? What a heart-warming joy it is to be on a drug that could fry my liver at any instant! : P /sarcasm

I hope all the results look good, because... although I whine and moan... I don't want to not be on Rebif. The shots haven't been easy. True. But I am completely committed to the fight. I am standing my ground. I Am Eowyn:

'Come not between the Nazgûl and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shrivelled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye.'

A sword rang as it was drawn. 'Do what you will; but I will hinder it, if I may.'

'Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!'

Then Merry heard of all sounds in that hour the strangest. It seemed that Dernhelm laughed, and the clear voice was like the ring of steel. 'But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.'

--The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King; book five; chapter VI: The Battle of the Pelennor Fields


Todd is working in the pain clinic today. He'll be busy. Tonight we're going to a party for some of the docs who are retiring.

Bayley went to school this morning in a quiet mood. She told me her head and throat hurt, so I think she's coming down with something. I gave her some Motrin and Tylenol. I haven't heard anything from the school yet...

Okay, I have GOT to go. Here's a picture of Eric on a horse. It was taken in October 2005.


Govern a family as you would cook a small fish - very gently.--Confucius

2 Comments:

  • At 2:41 PM, Blogger khris said…

    loved your blog, loved the confidence in yourself, loved your kid, and i believe you'll overcome whatever difficulties may arise with your condition.

    :)

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Blogger Michele said…

    Hey khris! I appreciate your kind words. (very few comments on my blog thus far...!)

    Thanks much.

    Michele

     

Post a Comment

<< Home